The Ocala/ Marion County Association of REALTORS® takes an active role in supporting our community. Our Members and Strategic Business Partners work hard on our committees to volunteer for Charity fundraising, Events and Community Volunteer work.
“STUFF THE BUS”
Each year our Community Awareness committee collects school supplies, clothes and toiletries for local children and load up “The Bus” to be taken to local school.
Each year the Community Awareness Committee receives many grant requests from local teachers and all are reviewed by the committee. Part of the decision process is looking at the requests which have the ability to impact the most students that current year and in the future. This year, the Community Awareness committee granted $6,000 to local teachers.
ANNUAL “CHAIR-ITY EVENT”
Since 2007, Our Realtor®/ Affiliate Committee has worked hard for 9 months out of the year planning the “Chair-ity Event” Charity Fundraiser for local Charities, auctioning off Chairs that have been decorated by our Realtor Members, members of the public and local organizations as artwork. These Chairs have turned into beautiful masterpieces and even include more than just the chair itself! This past year we have raised over $30,000 to go to the charity(s) of choice!
For more information on the Annual Chair-ity Event, Click Here.
STATS FOR PAST EVENTS:
2018 “Chair-ity” event- TBD
- Hands of Mercy Everywhere, Inc.
2017 “Chair-ity” event- $32,799.00
- Kimberly’s Center for Child Protection
2016 “Chair-ity” event- $30,761.00
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Marion County
2015 “Chair-ity” event – $31,000
- Marion Therapeutic Riding Association (MTRA)
- Kids Central, Inc.
2014 “Chair-ity” event – $30,000
- Project S.O.S. – $10,232.98
- Humane Society of Marion County – $10,232.98
- Homeless Children & Youth Programs of MCPS – $1,203.88
- Marion Therapeutic Riding Assn Inc – $1,203.88
- Vets Helping Vets – $1,203.88
2015 YPN Bowling For Charity
- 2015 The Hajal Family- Jalen’s Journey $1,800.00
- 2014 Marion Therapeutic Riding Association- $1,700.00
TEACHER GRANTS- $6,000
- 2018- 10,000
- 2017- $6,000
- 2016- $6,000
- 2015 – $6,000
- 2014- $6,000
- 2013- $6,000